Thanks for agreeing to join us on The LNUR Line, a podcast for LEGO train fans. The podcasts are a mix of our members and invited guests, and we discuss a new topic in each podcast.
When are recordings?
Podcast recordings usually happen on a Sunday evening, 6pm – 8pm UK time.
What’s the general format for a podcast?
The general format for an LNUR Line podcast episode is as follows:
- LEGO train news from the community
- Will’s pick of trains from LEGO Ideas
- Topic discussion – this is our main topic for the podcast
- Wagon / loco of the podcast
We recommend you listen to a recent episode of the LNUR Line before the podcast recording if you can – this way, you’ll understand how it all works, and the style of each section.
What should I prepare?
The podcasts are quite informal, so don’t worry too much about preparing lots of material – if you’re passionate about the LEGO train hobby, you’ll fit right in! We would recommend you listen to a previous podcast episode before you join, to help give you an idea of what to expect.
How long do the recordings last?
Our recordings usually last around 2 hours. If you can’t make the full recording window, please let us know and we’ll try and work around you.
Hints and tips
Any general tips for audio recording?
We’ve learned a few along the way. Our biggest tips for smoother audio recording on podcasts are:
- Mute yourself when you’re not speaking. This helps to cut out unnecessary background noises.
- Please disable any notification noises for messages, emails, etc, on your device before we begin recording.
- If you need to type (e.g., in the group chat), please mute yourself.
They talk a lot – what’s the best way to get a chance to speak?
A few of our members do talk a lot! If you’d like to make a point, please leave a note in the group chat and our producer or presenter will get you on to speak as soon as we can.